Thursday, September 22, 2011

Planning a Laundry



What is the best method to avoid tackling the ironing basket?
Why, construct a blog post and munch on caramel popcorn that's how. I don't have an over active sweet tooth by any stretch of the imagination but on the odd occasion my daughter brings home this treat I let my hair down. 



So it's action stations at the redroses hacienda again with plans for more renovation and budget dipping. Our bodies and brains needed to rest a wee bit and just potter finishing off several odd jobs before we launched into more reno projects.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that working solidly for six months on this house left us mighty tired and drained.

Mr redroses is renewing parts of the front deck entry. I tell you it's wonderful having a partner that's super handy. The railing was given a new spray of black paint to cover the battle ship grey. The green boards will be disappearing soon too.


Now for some warts and all photos.
The architect is drawing up plans for a new laundry off this area near the door and adjustable awnings will be erected over these west facing windows to counter the summer heat. That clothes line will be retired for a less conspicuous model.
That's my washing flapping in the breeze. To the northern hemisphere folk reading, we Aussies have a penchant for washing, often, and line drying. I truly think it's in our DNA.

Did you grow up with a Hill's Hoist in your backyard? Did you hang on and spin around going weeeee when your Mum wasn't looking? Me too.



Most of this soil will be dug out, the pavers ripped out and a spray on pebbly finish will be laid. The main garden is on the other side of the house so this space is primarily for drying laundry and growing pretty blooms.


Now here's the makeshift laundry that is poky and I can't believe I'm showing you this space because it's messy as. This area will be converted into a powder room after the laundry is constructed, which probably won't be until next year as Christmas is fast approaching and Australia tends to shut down from Dec to Feb. with many tradies taking summer holidays.

Can you see the Wonder Woman magnet on the drier? that would be me ha ha.



Alrighty I'm off to pump some iron!
xx
Ps. and I've gobbled way too much popcorn....

15 comments:

  1. How do you get rid of the ironing basket? Don't iron! That's my motto. Annie, I love the look of your laundry, it makes me feel right at home, it's just like mine. Although, I have way more dirty clothes laying around, you must be up to date? haha. Like me, I bet you can't wait to have your new laundry. Have fun with the next stage of your reno. x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all eyes as we are planning a laundry reno soon.

    I used to eat something similar called Cracker Jack it was so sticky and sweet and there was a prize in the box. I wonder if they still make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi ~ I am up to date with the washing, that situation has improved since my son moved out of home. I swear that boy created more washing and ironing than the rest of us put together, bless his little cotton socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hostess ~ I think your new laundry will be finished before mine and I can't wait to see what you do!
    There is no prize in my popcorn only tooth decay. Seriously one can only eat a little it's terribly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie

    Girlfriend - you have a bigger makeshift laundry than mine that I have been living with for the last 10 years!

    ohhh.... caramel popcorn - massive yum - keep me away - I haven't had that for years and now I am thinking about it.

    In NSW as a child we had Lollie Gobble Bliss Bombs - and it was real old fashioned caramel yum - not like the pretend yum these days

    Wonder woman magnet - that's been my problem all along - if only I had one of those I'd be rocking the right way :)

    have a wonderful day

    x

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Hostess - I found Cracker Jack at a candy store called Dessart not too long ago (they sell every kind of candy imaginable) and there's still a little prize in the box!

    @ Annie - House renos take so much out of a person, I hear you! Treats are necessary for sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loulou ~ Being an ex NSW girl myself I remember those Lollie Gobble Bliss Bombs. Yes they were the bomb!

    LR ~ Treats are a must I agree, usually my poison is lots of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, a laundry renovation - now that is something I would Really Love to have here. Looking forward to seeing what you do.
    PS do I spy a little birdhouse and a duck over on the window sill?
    I've always been drawn to these :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia ~ you have keen eyes Patricia. It's actually a weather vane (a gift many years ago from Switzerland) and yes that's a duck. I'm rather partial to ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never eaten sweet popcorn however I do get addicted to packets of salted popcorn. Mr B does most of our washing and ironing as I have destroyed clothing pieces in the past. I actually don't know how I did it, however I am pretty much banned from washing the clothes these days. I cook and clean though. Your house is looking great. Renovating takes so much patience, vision and planning, so you must be doing well. Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fifi ~ wow thats spooky, you wrote your comment to me as I was writing a comment over at your blog!
    I can relate to Mr B as I'm a little pedantic when it comes to washing, think I picked up this trait from my Mum.
    Must get the name of another popcorn my girl buys from the health shop, it's sweet and salty at once and is a taste sensation Fifi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a child i would gobble down Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs like loulou. We had a hills hoist and yes I remember my sister and I bending it. Mum was not impressed. Enjoy your reno's, I wish it was us, we are renting for the moment I can't wait to move back to our home. Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mimi ~ oh I agree Mimi there is nowhere like home, I bet you are looking forward to returning.
    Another LGBB fan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting!I feel so much better looking at your home photos. It reminds me that I am not alone. We too are in our final stages of plan designs. Almost ready for council! On the ironing.. I rarely do it! Slack aren't I? Ps Fetta cheese is great in this salad also!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sg ~ Thanks will try the fetta. No you're not slack probably just sensible. Good luck with house plans.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...