This morning I was lying in bed waiting for blog post inspiration. These freshly cut roses, yes from my garden, I knew I must share and so this set me to thinking about the little touches of pink which pervade my home and life. Pink is so soothing, calming and pretty. As I searched for the pink items around my home I was pleasantly surprised with how it's subconsciously entering my life.
Is this because pink and it's varying hues are soothing, calming and pretty?
By the way aren't these roses the most divine shade of dusty pink and the scent is out of this world!
So here are some random pics of my subtle pink world...
My go to cake contribution for an event usually involves cupcakes layered with pink rose water icing. Whilst my efforts don't exactly resemble these from the Crabapple bakery cupcake cookbook, I do my best.
A bit of fun from Tarjay...I couldn't say no to those sweet pom poms
Royal Albert Moss Rose
And last but certainly not least, a cute pink piggy money box my darling grown up son gifted me last Christmas because piggy's face looks so happy!
Is there a colour in your home/life which is not always glaringly obvious but pops out surprisingly here and there and gives you pleasure?
xx
Trish ~ hello and I'm sorry, it appears your comment has evaporated into thin air after I clicked publish?
ReplyDeleteShall pop over to your blog and answer the light query x
There is quite a bit of pink in my life, being my favourite colour and all. Although luckily for my husband we have a pink loving daughter, so manage to contain most of in her domain!
ReplyDeleteKathryn ~ pink and sweet little girls go hand in hand
ReplyDeletePiggy's face made ms mile too!
ReplyDeleteOh do you know what my colour is? Taupe. B O R I NG!
Tabs ~ not at all boring! Taupe is so versatile
ReplyDeleteLove all the pink, the roses are so beautiful.xx
ReplyDeletePink is the colour of Happiness xxx
ReplyDeletePick seems to be everywhere at the moment. Love it!
ReplyDeleteBlights, FF, Something gorgeous ~ we should start a pink fan club (the colour that is)!
ReplyDeleteI have always been a pink girl at heart - though sometimes it's been denied :) So your blog post brought a smile to my face. Incidentally I have that same pretty teapot too. Thanks to AM for introducing me to your lovely blog.
ReplyDeleteSharyn ~ thanks for commenting. I like your taste in teapots!
ReplyDeleteHello Annie,
ReplyDeleteI am catching up on some of my blogger friends blogs..!! Your blog always catches me..
It really is uncanny.
I have the same teapot.. the set actually, that my mother left to me.
I used to hate pink. I suppose it was having 3 boys.
Secretly however.. i loved it. Girlish ,soft and such a feel good colour.
I have a lovely antique vase with old fashioned roses on it. I have painted roses.. and as you know, like you i grow roses.. I would have them all over..
This is a lovely blog..love the photos..
val.