Today I ventured into Brisbane and thought I would share a few photos of some wonderful old buildings. See the bright blue sky, yes this is our winter in sunny Queensland!
Annie, I have just discoverd your lovely blog and am now following. I am moving home to Brisbane in a few days time and those images have made me feel so excited about experiencing the glorious weather and seeing the stunning blue skies: it really is a lovely city. I look forward to reading more of your future posts. Fifi
Beautiful photos, Annie. I particularly like the one of the old Treasury (Casino) Building. It has special memories for us, as I met my husband when we both worked in there, back in the day. We used to wave to each other across the central courtyard (now containing the gaming room).
Hi FiFi, thanks for discovering me. The winter has been extremely mild which always concerns me that summer will be a scorcher! Yes Brissy is a beautiful city and welcome home!
Patricia.. I'm happy the Treasury pic allowed you a trip down memory lane. With camera in hand I'm seeing our city in a new light.
Born in the UK, long-term Canadian - but Brisbane is our home from home in OZ. Several sabbaticals at the U of Q; children at Ironside School; habitués of the West End ferry; the Toowong library . . . Just love it!
Annie, I have just discoverd your lovely blog and am now following. I am moving home to Brisbane in a few days time and those images have made me feel so excited about experiencing the glorious weather and seeing the stunning blue skies: it really is a lovely city. I look forward to reading more of your future posts. Fifi
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, Annie. I particularly like the one of the old Treasury (Casino) Building. It has special memories for us, as I met my husband when we both worked in there, back in the day. We used to wave to each other across the central courtyard (now containing the gaming room).
ReplyDeleteHi FiFi, thanks for discovering me. The winter has been extremely mild which always concerns me that summer will be a scorcher! Yes Brissy is a beautiful city and welcome home!
ReplyDeletePatricia.. I'm happy the Treasury pic allowed you a trip down memory lane. With camera in hand I'm seeing our city in a new light.
Thanks for the pics, my Australian geography is pretty bad, I'll have to look you up on a map.
ReplyDeleteBorn in the UK, long-term Canadian - but Brisbane is our home from home in OZ. Several sabbaticals at the U of Q; children at Ironside School; habitués of the West End ferry; the Toowong library . . . Just love it!
ReplyDeleteHi Araminta.. glad you like this city too x
ReplyDelete