Monday, August 29, 2011
Warm days and a Rose garden
Today is 25C. It's Winter. That's just silly. So I channelled my black and white kitchen decor and threw on a light cotton dress over a tee and leggings.
Good old stripes and I'm feeling all nautical and summery.
Very exciting news, we planted four rose bushes yesterday. Red of course, white, yellow and pink. Do you notice the mesh around the garden? Isn't it attractive.
This is to deter the resident bush turkeys from destroying the mulch and the bushes need to establish themselves without said turkeys rearranging our hard work.
Look at the little bud..yay.
We are finding interesting garden ornaments from previous owners buried here and there. Like these cherubs which need a good scrub. One can imagine garden fairies drinking from this.
The Boss would like me to inform you she has been to the beauty parlour and is not impressed. The girls do a fabulous job but she gets attached to her hair and goes all sulky on us afterwards.
Someone is a princess.
A friend is popping in so what the heck lets eat cake!
Enjoy the rest of your day, night or whatever it is in your part of the world.
xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 degrees, that is riduculous. We had 18 yesterday and I thought all my Christmas's had come at once. I am very glad we don't have the bush turkeys down south here.
ReplyDeleteHello Annie
ReplyDeleteWasn't it hot (well I know it is going to be really hot too soon) but isn't it amazing when we get that Queensland hot day you definitely have to notice.
Pretty roses - I can't wait to watch the journey and what colours they will all blossom in to.
have a relaxing day/ night and hope those yummy slices went down well
x
Loulou
Oh I love the pooch's new do tell her she looks adorable. My roses didn't do much this year, I really think I've lost my green thumb.
ReplyDeleteDeb.. sure you don't want a turkey?
ReplyDeleteLoulou..I will be screaming with delight if the roses survive
Tabs.. well I hope you find your green thumb again, I'll be needing tips
The cherubs will clean up and look lovely.
ReplyDeleteYour striped top looks very jaunty!
Oh you have bush turkeys and we have deer and they adore roses. You've got a great idea massing the roses together, as it makes for easier care and watering.
I'm seeing if this bloody comment problem with wordpress is fixed yet.
ReplyDeleteYep, It looks like comment problem is fixed.
ReplyDeleteRoses and pretty pictures - sorry - but my eyes were fixated on all that Chocolate icing Annie.
your new dress: - hmmm very pretty and ladylike - so Annie, soooo not me.
LOU
So exciting!!! I am adding you to ye olde blogroll x
ReplyDeleteHostess.. all deer remind me of bambi but I guess they're not viewed as cute while eating one's roses
ReplyDeleteLou.. so lovely to have you back commenting. Did you beat wordpress into submission?
FF.. why thank you and I'm honoured to be included on your blog roll