Thursday, July 12, 2012

Action Aplenty...weather permitting

Just so you don't have the impression my life is all glamour and fabulousness here are a few pics of what's happening around the house.
Mr red roses borrowed painters trestles to paint the extremely high side of the house but of course it's done nothing but rain on this block of leave he's taken off work. Not to be deterred (only minor grumblings under his breath) he's doing man stuff instead under the house. This requires concrete. I tell you men just love playing with concrete mixers!
Plans are being finalized for submission to council for two exciting additions to our piece of paradise.
Fingers are crossed but I'm not holding my breath...council approval takes time.
Apparently.
xx

26 comments:

  1. It is so frustrating when the weather thwarts your plans. What is it with Men and cement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure Deb. could it be the hypnotic whirling of the mixer as it goes round and round?

      Delete
  2. I do love a capable man on the job
    sounds like you are in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it always the way... You plan all these jobs and then it rains!! That was our experience last year! Sounds like you have some exciting plans in the pipeline!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we get the new additions sorted dare I dream that the house will finally be Finished! Poor bloke he is not impressed with this rain.

      Delete
  4. Council approval does take time but I believe 'good things come to those who wait". G.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precisely G and I really have learnt to be patient if I'm honest. It comes with the territory ie. renovating several homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - its going to be amazing - your home is already so lovely!

    Sorry about the rain - we feel your pain up here. I don't remember a summer this bad.

    I hope the council approval goes through okay - as seasoned renovators I'm sure you know what they are likely to okay without too many problems. I'm really looking forward to seeing these projects as they develop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the ins and outs of getting approvals in the UK Mrs E but down here where I live there are tight restrictions on many things but we should be fine. As always we research well and cover our bases. It pays to because these applications cost quite a bit.

      Delete
  7. Hi Annie, Thanks for dropping by my blog as now I have found you! Isn't isnatgram fun? I hope I follow you? I'm off to check and rectify that right now. Goodness me your pooch is cute! I'm a poodle admirer from way back :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to connect in bogland as well as Instagramland Sarah. I'm thoroughly addicted to Instagram...such lovely folk over there don't you agree!

      Delete
    2. Ha! Sometimes it can be a bit bogland, though not my blogging buddies. Yes, instagram is fab. If it wasn't for the fact that I use it on my itouch and therefore require wireless connection i'd be attached to it 24/7. Do check it in bed before I go to sleep though. Tragic :)

      Delete
  8. Mr Red Roses sounds like the ideal man ; lovely name, fragrant surname, handy along and under the house. A keeper !xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A husband who paints the high side of the house is a gem indeed, Annie! This unseasonal rain is disappointing when all is organised, but fun with cement is a good substitute. So funny how men love concrete mixers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers - but maybe not so much the lawn mower :) Exciting that you are doing renovations; I hope we have a peek when finished. Good luck at Council. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure I will share little snippets here and there as the shenanigans happen Patricia. Hubs is not so keen on the lawn mower either.

      Delete
  10. Yes, you're so lucky to have "a man who can"! I think all men are happy with a little shed to call their own and a big toy to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband would be lost without his own space downstairs Sulky.

      Delete
  11. Isn't it good having a useful man around the place? Hope this weather clears a bit for him. How inconsiderate.

    Can't wait to see what plans you've hatched.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's Murphy's Law for sure...make arrangements to paint and down comes the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Men are obsessed with concrete! So funny! Good luck with the plans, all v exciting! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt there will be more hoops to jump through re the plans.

      Delete
  14. I love how 'man stuff' always requires concrete! Ha,ha,ha you make me laugh. I can just imagine you and pup sitting up in the 'good room' puzzling over the concrete happenings downstairs! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how right you are! I don't Do concrete or cement or whatever the heck it's called.
      I paint. Or rip tiles off walls.

      Delete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...