Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Bon Voyage Soirée

I had the pleasure of hosting a little gathering of blog friends to raise a glass and farewell our friend A-M who is venturing to New York next week to attend a blog conference and take in the sites of this grand city along with a side trip to the Hampton's...swoon.
So...between myself, Faux Fuchsia, The Distressed Mother and A-M of The House that A-M Built (these beautiful ladies are on my blog roll over yonder) we ate for the nation, sipped mellow French bubbles and chatted and laughed until long after the cows came home.

I love to entertain family and friends in my home. Plus it gives me the chance to serve tasty/naughty delectables. A sure fire winner is Baked Brie served with toasted sourdough bread, quince paste, cranberry sauce and flaked almonds. To die for!

I dashed off a few quick photos on my phone during festivities and here they are. Even my precious little pooch likes to participate and glam up.

A truly lovely evening....

Annie xx

24 comments:

  1. Oh it was! A beautiful afternoon that became evening way too soon! Thank you for all your efforts and for welcoming us into your beautiful home Annie. I can't believe I got home so late..not enough time to cover all topics, even talking over each other! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure was all mine. Incredible how women can talk for six hours and still not cover all topics!

      Delete
  2. Annie, the food you served looked so delicious! I could easily just live on canapes and would happily ditch mains and desserts for the rest of my life; however not sure if my clothes would fit me. My favourite memories are always with lovely friends, tasty food and champers and hope you had a great night x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree FiFi that nibbles etc with a glass of wine is perfect and Mr red roses and I often enjoy this for dinner in summer. We had a lovely evening thanks FiFi.

      Delete
  3. That looked like a very fun afternoon. I can't believe a-m is off to NY so soon - such a thoughtful gesture to give her a send-off. The champagne looks good.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The champers is called Madame Coco, a nice light French concoction that slides down very smoothly! I reckon you would love it :)

      Delete
  4. Next time I will bring a white board.

    Thankyou so very much for having me I LUFF your home and had such a great time. You are a wonderful hostess xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this compliment FF, I do like to entertain. T'was a fab get-together.
      Whiteboard...definitely.

      Delete
  5. Oh Annie, what a delightful way to while away an afternoon. I would have loved to join you! J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to see all you Brisbane Beauties together - it looks like it was #SuchFun. I love the dress in the top pic talking to #FF I think - v. smart. Also that tart thing looks gorgeous and is calling to me. Hope A-M's beastly long flight is not too tiresome and I'm sure she'll have a top time in NY - so nice to have a send off before something like that :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frock you mention is worn by none other than A-M. I must say Mrs E we Brisbane gals know how to kick up our heels and celebrate.
    Only prob with living down here is we are so dash far from everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie,
    Thant baked brie sounds fantastic.
    Would share the recipe sometime?
    Sounds like just the right sort of thing on a cool Brisbane Winters afternoon.
    warm wishes,
    Daryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's an idea for a post Daryl. I shall post the recipe soon and you will be amazed at how simple baked Brie really is!

      Delete
  9. What fun! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie, The brie (?) and jelly looks so good and those cupcakes.. oo-la-la! What a wonderful event you hosted. I'm sure your friend was appreciative :)

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, the Brie cheese appetizer is very rich and a little goes a long way. T'is glorious washed down with a drop of French bubbles. My friend enjoyed herself immensely .

      Delete
  11. Hi Annie, all looks beautiful and divine and gorgeous. I really want to try that champagne with the name Madame Coco too! Your puppy dog is very gorgeous and dressed up extremely wel for the occasion. Mxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will love the champers M. Guaranteed. Tessa was pooped after the shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for such a beautiful afternoon. Loved it all - company, food, champers, rroundings. Not to mention that divine pooch.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TDM, Loved your company and Tessa sends her love to you!

      Delete
  14. Hi, Annie ! That poodle of yours looks so French with her clip in her hair that she should be called Fifi or Mimi ! I would like the recipe for the baked Brie too as we don't do it in France and it looks delish !xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All looks fantastic. I love the cheese baked in the oven with the jam.. my daughter in law makes it.
    You look lovely pouring the bubbly!! your little poodle looks really content..did she have a little glass too!
    I would love to go to a blogger conference or meeting.. I can imagine what your friends will learn.
    I like your new profile photo..
    Over 50 is the new over 40! so I am told.. enjoy it all.
    Happy wednesday Annie.
    hugs
    val.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...