Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Discovering Quaint Collectables


After a spot of business recently near the Woolloongabba Antique Centre we popped in for a sticky beak. This was my first visit and I found the set-up enchanting with retro music playing and a nice little cafe to replenish one's system after trawling through the bits and bobs.
Here is a quick tour 



Tea being my poison of choice I appreciate a dainty tea cup but I certainly do not require anymore in the hacienda.



A very colourful and eclectic chandelier



Crystal...somebody stop me!!!!



Cowboy boots anyone?



Trolls. Not the awful cyber type who live to create havoc but the cute as a button only a mother could love variety. Check out the belly button bling. Cute.
I remember owning several back in the day..did you?
Come on, you're allowed to confess in blog land



Well hello I'm hooked. Pretty tea pot, cup and saucer with accompanying tiny milk bottle and a delish mini cheesecake. All the while perched in a booth reminiscent of my 60's childhood kitchen and many an Australian milk bar.
Vinyl bench seats and a laminex table top...oh the memories






Here are my cranberry coloured toes and retro-ish Laura Ashley print frock which was befitting the venue.
Do you ever get a surprise and find photos on your camera that miraculously appear? The camera gremlins snapped this one!

After living in this city for two decades it's fascinating to discover new places.

Annie xx

9 comments:

  1. Love the WAC, don't get there often enough.

    I was going through some pics the other day and found some that I took for a post that never happened. Variety of stuffed animals that were there at the time. There's always something different to be found.

    TDM xx

    ps lol @ awful cyber type

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trolling through an antique mall.

    I had trolls...
    several and so did my younger sister.

    Tea has such restorative powers and that wee cheesecake looks like the perfect size to refuel after a long day of shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about this little spot, I may have to take a drive and go and discover it for myself?? More shopping, I don't know if I can take it? lol I love your random shot, I get them popping up quite often, especially when the boys have had my phone! Have a great day x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you two had a trawl didn't you! Some lovely finds. I love that place. Not a good venue for a declutterer! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one troll...the one with the peacock blue hair. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ladies...I gave myself a pat on the back because I left empty handed. Channelling minimalism at the moment I am. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I had a lot of those trolls growing up actually and most of mine had the belly-button bling. =)

    I'm digging that crystal lamp - it looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. vvgreat blog!!!

    following you now...

    visit my blog...!!!

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

    kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a super blog Annie, I love it
    all the old retro stuff.. I love the little milk bottle.. Indeed i remember the vinyl seats in the nooks and Elvis or Buddy holly playing in the background..with the big milk shakes.. great memories for me.

    Annie, i have had a glitch with my computer ..i have been working on it for 2 days now.. so now my blogs are on blogger..val's alentejo.. would love to see you there.. i nearly gave up.. its so frustrating.. but i cant.. how can i not read and see such great photos as yours.. best wishes val

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...