Friday, January 27, 2012

A Few Tidbits about Little Old Me


Hello all
I've been a bit snowed under this week and not able to fully participate in the tag game recently bestowed upon me by the delightful Anna from My Design Ethos. Thank you Anna for wishing to get to know me better by asking some fun questions.
So, apologies for changing the rules and only answering Anna's set questions and leaving the rest of the game up in the air. 
Hope these tidbits will suffice. 

I'd love to know the following about you...

1. If you could have dinner with anybody, who would you choose?
Hard question! DalaiLama, Kevin Kline, Stevie Nicks, Kevin McCloud, Senator Bob Brown, Eva Gabor, Jodie Picoult, JFK , Coco Chanel, Judith Lucy. I could name more...

2. What's your favourite cocktail/wine/mocktail?
A chilled glass of Pinot Grigio, Southern Comfort and Coke, Brandy Alexander, Bubbly, Cosmopolitan..hmm better stop there!

3. If you could have any job in the world, apart from your current job, what would you be?
A guide dog trainer, or a nurse (my one regret in life is that I didn't train as a Nurse)

4. If you could change your name what would you change it to?
Absolutely no idea

5. Are you a summer or winter person?
Definitely summer. Wearing winter clothing does irritate me after awhile

6. Are you a saver or a spender?
I like to indulge myself occasionally but I have to confess to watching my pennies. Probably stems from marrying young and paying a mortgage at the age of 20

7. If you could live in any era (i.e. 40s, 60s etc) what would you choose?
I'm a child of the sixties so definitely this era

8. What's one place you want to visit before you die?
Oh there is more than one but I'll narrow it down to two...Alaska and Ireland

9. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
A dog ( but only if I was going to be spoilt like my pooch) or a panda

10. Name your favourite colour?
Shades of red..pink, cranberry etc. Black and white are faves also.

11. What's your favourite blog at the moment?
Oh wow, I love many blogs so I'll leave it at that!

Enjoy your weekend!
xx


16 comments:

  1. love this blog Annie,,
    A fun blog.. we get to know each other a little more.
    I joined Anna from my design Ethos.. and answered her questions there..

    I love your answers.. one day who knows we might have a cocktail together.. Having lived in Australia, i would love to take a trip there again (before i die)!
    Have a good Friday..
    best wishes..
    val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Val I had no idea you have lived in my country. May I ask which state?

      Delete
  2. Oh Annie I love that picture so much - you look so bright and cheerful. I bet you were a little angel! Agree with your animal choice (I'd like to come back as my own dog!) but you haven't really thought the dinner party through (question 1). Kevin McCloud would bore the Dali Lama silly droning on about soffits and I-beams, and JFK would disappear into the bathroom for ages with Stevie Nicks. Just when you thought you should go and flush them out, Coco would buttonhole you about how she wasn't really a Nazi, then probably nick your pearls when you weren't looking! And don't think Kevin Klein will be any help with the washing up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lordy you crack me up Mrs E, of course when I made this list I knew there might be some shenanigans! Nothing worse than a boring dinner party is there?
      I was a happy child and I suspect spoilt rotten.

      Delete
  3. What an adorable photo!

    Great questions and I have many of the same answers as you!

    1. Dinner with - Stevie Nicks, Princess Di, Kate and Will, Maggie Smith, Elizabeth Manley (figure skater), JFK, Jackie O, RFK...too many to name!
    2. Fav drinks - chilled glass of Pinot Grigio (we must be twins!), limoncello cocktails, red wine, champagne, French martinis (or any cocktail with Chambord)
    3. Job - musician or travel guide
    4. Name change? - Nope, I have a unique name
    5. Neither, summer or winter, I'm a spring/fall person! But I love wearing my boots in wintertime
    6. Former spender, now more of a saver but I do like some indulgences and saving up for quality items
    7. 1960s would be fascinating and also the 1920s
    8. Many many places I want to see but Prague is in my Top 3
    9. Dog
    10. Too many to name! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed through our blogs LR that we share many interests. Of course Di and Maggie how could I leave those two from my list!

      Delete
  4. awww what a cheeky grin. and check out the curls!

    tdm xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. TDM.. My mother pinned those curls up most days, she was dedicated to a nice 'do' on me as well as herself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your answers Annie! And I completely agree with the cocktail/wine list, mine is far too long to be healthy :) And I have to say I would love to have Kevin McCloud over for dinner as well, although he would probably find my house quite a disappointment after what he is used to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think Kevin would love your home Anna and I've no doubt you two would have loads to chat about.

      Delete
  7. Great questions, and great answers! I love Kevin McLeod, and would probably have Jackie as well as JFK - also Freida Kahlo - I'll stop now. Lots of fun thinking it through.
    Your little girl picture is just adorable - such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freida Kahlo would be a delightful dinner guest I agree. I could have added many more to my list Patricia.

      Delete
  8. Hi Annie,
    here goes with my answers..

    Dinner. Isabel Alende, Paulo Coelho, Robert Redford.
    Name.. would keep my name.. i like it..and its brought me happiness
    cocktail.. margarida and caiparinhas..
    weather.. I am definately a summer person.. I love the sun.. the sea.. and open air. I hypernate in winter and come alive in summer..
    spending... I buy when i need something.. may spoil myself now and again, especially in the garden, and my art ..
    Before i die.... Moscow, the great wall of china, the grand canyon.
    animal.. definately an elephant.. a regal magestic animal.. they are smart and intelligent and never forget.
    colour.. Hurgandy, white, shades of the rainbow..in fact most colours..not so keen on dark brown
    blog. I enjoy all the blogs of my blogging friends, another added bonus to my life.

    I think that is it.. I like to eat.. salads, roast meats cold or hot with veggies.. prawns , fish.. chicken..
    am not fussy... but must take care.

    my new link after so many "gliches"
    http://valerietilston59blogspot.com/

    Have a good day Annie.."downunder"

    I lived for 5 years in Fremantle.. just a few miles out of the Town.. I loved it.
    Money permitting..one day i would love to visit again..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your answers Val. Yes I would like to visit Moscow one day (but not in winter!)and I nearly listed elephants as a favourite animal.
    Alas I have never been to Fremantle, so glad you enjoyed living there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh another "Lady" who enjoys a Southern Comfort and Coke! My boy introduced me to this particular poison but many of my friends have threatened to disown me for so openly enjoying it ;) Now I feel vindicated!

    I LOVE your little photo... how absolutely adorable! And hats off to your Mum for her dedication to your 'do (and your ability to not mess it up every day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is SC & Coke derided so? Never fear Lilian we can stand proud and enjoy our tipple of choice!
      I do believe my childhood 'do' stayed in place, most likely cause I was a bit of a princess :)

      Delete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...