Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Food Glorious Food


This week seems to be revolving around food and the consumption of same. We have a house guest this week...our son had unexpected surgery and is recuperating at the hacienda (he flew the nest a year ago). He's lapping up his mother's love and home cooked treats. Banana & cranberry muffins, healthy mango smoothies, smoked salmon pasta salad, watermelon, stir fry's and dried cranberries to name a few. My son and I are just a little bit addicted to munching on dried cranberries.
 This week also sees my daughter celebrating a birthday which of course means birthday cake and dining out.  I baked Morgan's Grandma's Red Velvet cake. This recipe is dead easy to whip up and the result is divine.



















Have a great rest of the week everyone. I'll just go squeeze in another slice of cake then paint my toenails before dining out tonight at a Japanese restaurant.
What colour nail varnish you ask? I do believe Rimmel Cranberry Zest will be appropriate.

Annie xx

13 comments:

  1. I'm surprised your so ever left. Yum. I hope your daughter has a great birthday too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I don't think your son will leave again after all of that glorious food. The icing on the cake looks scrumptious! Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have your son back for a while to fuss after - he must be enjoying all this first class food! Those muffins look gorgeous :) I hope he gets well soon.

    Toenails! Thanks for the reminder - I have Pilates on Friday and my feet look awful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polish sounds apt and food is wonderful, but this heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmm - cranberries, salmon, watermelon, red velvet cake .... lots of fantastic red food going on at the Red Roses place.
    Definitely go with the Rimmel Cranberry Zest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice for your son to get his mother's loving care. You are a great cook and baker. Enjoy your evening out.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you tried the red velvet cake and so happy you guys are enjoying it! =) That warms my heart. I hope your son gets well soon, but at least he has some tasty treats to snack on while he gets better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like red is your theme...
    I have never made red velvet cake. Looks delicious.
    It's nice to have someone special to cook ad cater to, your son may want to extend his recuperation time with all these tasty treats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, I wouldn't leave either....I think I need to come around for some cooking lessons! I need all the help I can get and it looks like you have it all down pat! Have a great day. x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, licking my lips! Your baby must be in heaven. Hope he is getting stronger... should be with all that sustenance.
    A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How utterly annoying!! I had replied to each comment, about to hit publish, the screen went blank and lost the lot.

    In case it happens again I'll thank you all in one hit..I love receiving your comments ladies. Health wise my son is on the mend and will return to his share house soon, with a full tummy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear your son is on the mend and will be back to normal, taking lots of mum's home baked goodies.. Annie, your photos made my mouth water.. All that good stuff, would make anyone better..
    lovely blog.. some recipies please..!!!!
    best of a good day
    val

    ReplyDelete
  13. Val.. I should publish the muffin recipe as it's always a winner.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...