After attending to a spot of business in our suburb Mr redroses and I popped into the local antique market for a wee sticky beak. This establishment is dangerous for people like myself who appreciate the wonder of crystal. An expert in crystal I certainly am not but I love it's allure and happiness washes over my soul when I behold beautiful pieces.
These gorgeous sets on display sent my heart a flutter and I simply do not understand why hubs didn't fork out the several thousands of dollars required to transport these pretties home.
My heart missed a beat here. Crystal, black and silver. Heaven.
What's not to love..I am rather partial to soft shades of red and our home has sprinkles of it here and there. This set would look exquisite in my pretties cabinet.
Dream on Annie....
The soft red theme continued once home while enjoying a refreshing glass of cranberry juice and soda water. A dash of vodka is perfectly acceptable.
The urge to return to the antique market to admire this display will be strong but it is nice to dream don't you agree?
Annie xx




Crystal heaven! Now there's an idea with the cranberry and soda. You are a leader in your field. A-M xx
ReplyDeleteI too love admiring vintage crystal and china - I haven't been antiquing for ages. You have inspired me to go again, particularly because I now have a proper house to put stuff in!! L xx
ReplyDeleteA-M.. not only is the cranberry refreshing it's great for our health so we should imbibe everyday. Vodka optional!
ReplyDeleteLotus.. Oh you must start filling your new house with lots of crystal gorgeousness. You have my permission to go crazy filling it with pretties.
You've inspired me to have a day out antiquing. I used to do it all the time, but it's so hard to find the time these days. Now on my list for these hols.
ReplyDeleteTDM xx
TDM.. hi there and thanks for commenting.
ReplyDeleteI don't go hunting as often either but really enjoy the experience when I do allow myself. Trouble is I'm always tempted. Let me know if you score anything fabulicious.
Wandering around an antique mall is one of my all time favourite things to do. Crystal is up there on my list too.
ReplyDeleteThat necklace looks like it would fit in with my wardrobe...but I do not want to spend thousands either!
Hostess.. I can't stop thinking about loveliness of these art deco pieces. The cost is prohibitive alas. Wandering about antiques is soothing isn't it Hostess.
ReplyDeleteStunning pieces. I love crystal too
ReplyDeleteHelen
I have a gorgeous set of cut glass lamps, but I'm embarrassed to say that's the only thing close to crystal I own. After seeing these pretty pieces I think I need to look for some more!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, bring on the crystal sparkliness! The art deco perfume bottles are stunners. Could you have been at the same Antiques Mall where Mr Cardinal found my ruby earrings???
ReplyDeleteJust wondering ...
I love wandering around pretending I am looking for bargains, when I am really looking at gorgeousness!
Cranberry juice was made to mix with vodka and has to be enjoyed in a gorgeous crystal glass of course!
ReplyDeletex
Helen.. I shall add you to my list of folk who love and appreciate crystal.
ReplyDeleteAnna.. the lamps sound divine. I've found charity shops are often the best places to hunt for reasonably priced pre-loved crystal if you wish to add to your collection.
Patricia.. the Paddington antique centre? I always stop at the jewellery and ponder the circumstances of owners who relinquished those cherished items.
At times I feel sad.
Beth.. so true! Sipping from crystal is like sipping from fine china...worth the effort.
These sets are so beautiful I'm not surprised you found them difficult to resist - they would look lovely in your house under some fancy lighting.... Christmas is coming! xxx
ReplyDeleteMrs E.. I wish. Hubs just rolled his eyes today when I reminded him about their gorgeousness. He then reminded me about the reno work that still needs doing to the house!
ReplyDeletePretty pretty! I love the set with the red on it. =)
ReplyDeleteMorgan.. The red is my favourite too and the set I would choose.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pieces of crystal.
ReplyDeleteI choose the red set.. it would look just fine upon my xmas table..!
My mother loved crystal, and my daughter and sister inherited most of it. I inherited glasses and a Waterford crystal decanter..sadly it broke and the glasses too along the way.
If we dont dream Annie, what is life all about.
lovely blog
best wishes val
Oh they are absolute beauties, or should that be Absolut beauties?
ReplyDeleteVal.. that is such a shame about the decanter and glasses breaking.
ReplyDeleteTabs.. your wit is absolutely superb!
Val.. that is such a shame about the decanter and glasses breaking.
ReplyDeleteTabs.. your wit is absolutely superb!