Friday, December 23, 2011

Are We Ready...


...you bet your life we are!

Or maybe not...whichever the case may be.

Confession time at Red Roses blog. I have not been running around like a headless chook this Christmas, rather I have been quite lazy about the whole shebang. Admittedly this situation arose from re injuring my dodgy foot and being somewhat laid up and unable to rush around looking for tasks as I invariably do each silly season.
Today I am springing into action (not really cause I'm not allowed to spring anywhere) but will sedately and most serenely involve myself in a spot of cooking in the kitchen using ingredients purchased yesterday with the help of Mr redroses and darling daughter. I am fortunate in having a girl who likes to plan menu decisions and organise the delectable offerings at our Christmas Day feast.
My darling son and his lovely girlfriend arrive home tomorrow evening from an overseas jaunt and so will start our family celebrations. 

So before I sign off and hunker down to eat my way through our pantry and watch corny Christmas films here are a few snippets of the lead up to my Christmas.




Lucky lucky little old me received a early present in the acquisition of a beautiful Kitchen Aid mixer. These beauties cost a bomb in Australia so we saved up bank reward points to help offset the cost.
Here she is in all her loveliness dressed up for Christmas and ready for action. Might just pop on a Nigella dvd to set the tone.
Don't fear..I've not lost the plot when I style some of my pics for this blog. If you're a follower you will by now realise my writing is not in the running for a Pulitzer, my love affair is with the visual ie. vamping and styling a photo, hence Miss KA's pretty pink bling. She is sooo worth it!












Another love affair of late is my addiction to anything remotely relating to a cranberry shade. Hair adornments, nail varnish, cushions. 
Very Christmasy don't you agree?



A bowl of fresh produce to whip up delicacies. Grateful beyond words to have healthy food at my table






This bird decoration is a replica of one saved from my childhood which broke several years ago. Upon finding a replacement set in a gift shop last year I literally jumped for joy



 My mother can no longer bake her best ever fruitcake so now the task is mine. I swear this recipe is fabulicious



Rum balls that have obviously ingested far too much of their own rumminess because the pic has fallen on it's side 





Embracing colour for summer festivities. Nearly turned myself inside out attempting this shot







No doubt on Christmas morning I shall be channeling my beloved dahlink Eva dressed in a Christmas frock and pearls and ever so quietly bossing everyone around.



Thank you one and all for sharing my blogging apprenticeship since August, I'm having a ball and learning something new every day.
Best wishes to all my cyber and real life blog pals, may you enjoy a truly wonderful celebration with family and friends.

Annie xx

9 comments:

  1. Welcome Miss KA to the blog world. Hopefully you will make lots of delicious treats your new mother will cyber share.
    Well done on the "do". Merry Christmas to you and yours. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post - I had to run through it twice to enjoy your lovely pictures.
    Congratulations on acquiring Miss KA - one day I'll get one: still dreaming of it.
    Cutest ever pink bird, and long leg Santa! Merry Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luff a kitchenaid!!!!!!! I love Eva G too- so glam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb.. Miss KA says thankyou. As you can see with the 'do' I'm all for the messy bun type style cause my hair has a mind of it's own

    Patricia.. glad you like my bird and Santa, they are precious and just a little bit cute

    FF.. Miss KA will be whipping up a pav tomorrow..I'm looking forward to that. I wonder if Eva ever made a pav?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and your family! I'm so excited for you that you got a Kitchenaid stand mixer! They are so amazing and you are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the glammed up kitchen aid, have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around I'm now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back so nice to meet new friends. Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having hopped through last Chrissie dragging a cast around on a dodgy foot, you have my sympathy Annie. Hope you have milked it for all it is worth.
    Millie x
    P.S. You became a lovely Hedgie from your first click onto The Hedge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your xmas blog Annie.. its great.
    You have a gift of presenting it all so well.
    Happy times for you all..
    Thanks for the blogging frienship.. its super..
    best wishes.
    val ):
    Hope your leg is a lot better..take care.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...