Ever experience those cringe worthy days knowing the household paperwork that's been staring at you in the study for weeks must be sorted, mailed or filed.
Like yesterday.
The single most frustrating aspect of everyday life as far as I'm concerned is...paperwork.
Probably why I've avoided clerical employment. My father desired I attend secretarial college back in the day but I informed him I'd rather have teeth pulled.
I find it so thoroughly time consuming and boring, hence my devout opposition to attending to this laborious task. For sure I'm my own worst enemy for I procrastinate and wish it further but the cold hard facts are it doesn't vanish on it's own.
So....this is why I'm feeling uninspired to write a pretty post because the pile keeps staring at me, I can't concentrate so I guess I should just muck in and banish the beast. In fact writing this whinge is yet another tactic to avoid the pile.
Do you enjoy paperwork, accounts etc or do you share my intolerance to this job?
Give me a basket of ironing any day!
Annie xx

Funny you should mention ironing, I'm actually blogging to avoid ironing!!
ReplyDeleteSG ~ we are birds of a feather in reverse!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Did you take a photo of my desk???? Happily put off the paperwork anyday, but I couldn't say I would put the ironing first either! Have fun filing. x Jode
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm the same. Husband has to take care of it as I tend to not even open the bills, just leave them in a pile to deal with "later".
ReplyDeleteLOVE this post ... in inverse proportion to my dislike of paperwork and my refusal to be tamed into doing it properly. Mr Cardinal was demonstrating to a friend just last week, my way of filing. This consists of throwing paper over the right shoulder, then one over the left shoulder, followed by a paper-plane movement and bowling another piece underhand. I think you can understand the picture ... Sadly, he is telling the truth. He loves telling people how I file all computer stuff in My Documents. And what's wrong with that, anyway??? I can find it. My photos however are Very Organised in cute little folders with names and dates - that's because they are pretty :-)
ReplyDeletePS I like ironing. And happily iron lots of linen during summer.
ReplyDeleteJodi ~ haha I'm waiting for the fun to begin
ReplyDeleteKathryn ~ Oh I hear you. I do Later with a capital L
Patricia ~ that's funny, must try your method of filing...sounds fabulous
* you will note girls that it's an hour and a half since I wrote that post and not a jot of paperworks been moved!
Actually I feel extra guilty as my hubs does the bulk of it because I'm such a lost cause!!
Hello Miss Annie
ReplyDeleteOh yuk.
shuffle this pile from the left hand of the desk - now lets put it over here on the right hand of the desk.
Oh ok - now let's go and put the kettle on!
right now lets shuffle the pile of papers from the right hand side of the desk and put them in a pile on the left hand side of the desk!
Hmmm... get my picture .... just keep pressing repeat :)
have a wonderful (and productive) day
x
Loulou
Loulou ~ the pile was spread out into smaller piles on the floor to visualise it's entirety which helped me get motivated. Will finish it all today. Mr redroses thinks I'm a drama queen :)
ReplyDeleteoh and I drink copious cups of tea too