Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hello

A quick post to check in and say Howdy. 
Lately there's not enough hours to achieve all that I could/should/ and Mr redroses has some leave this week so we plan to move mountains at the hacienda and hopefully catch some quality moments together, hence my bloggy time might be rationed ie. I really should devote myself to other pressing stuff plus get this house in order cause it resembles a tip!

                                     A bit out of focus..still learning how to snap pics with the iphone camera

BTW I'm loving my new oven to bits and whipping up baked goods is giving me tons of pleasure. The eating is not half bad either.
I think a Kitchen Love post might be in order...




And Hello what's this! A home grown lettuce. The first from our little vege patch and boy was it sweet.




So take care all and I'll be back after we have moved those mountains :)

Oh and many thanks to the readers following, with thousands of blogs circulating I'm chuffed you take the time to visit Red Roses and Crystal x

Annie xx

30 comments:

  1. Well done re that lettuce. I love how tall they get when they bolt to seed x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FF.. they are starting to stand up like little soldiers, very thrilling and the silverbeet is going crazy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Annie

    so gorgeous your baking - It's looks so professional and appetising.
    I am in oven envy as I was only cursing mine this week with it's uneven cooking.

    Boy - garden envy too - have a look at the colour and the plumpness. No wonder you'll move mountains with the vitamins you are ingesting :)

    have a wonderful day together tomorrow

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loulou.. Oh I'm glad my baking looks professional but you should have seen me trying to remove those babies out of the 'non-stick' pan, not so professional I'm afraid! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing better than home grown lettuce. It tastes so good. Enjoy your home time. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb.. so true, home grown tastes 100% nicer. I love being at home even if it involves a to do list as long as my arm. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh garden produce is the best! Your lettuce will taste twice as good as store bought.
    Good luck with the hacienda and those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's all so lovely, send a basket of muffins this way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Annie, I'm jealous! I wish my oven produced little beauties like that, oh wait.. I think it may have a little to do with the cook? They look yummy.

    Love a shot of your veggie patch, Mr Q keeps saying when we get to Qld we are having a veggie patch, I'd love to give him some ideas.

    Great cook and a green thumb! Talented lady!

    Have a great day with Mr Redroses!

    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hostess.. thanks L, am off now to move mountains but might just enjoy a cuppa first :) x

    Tabs.. would love to send a batch of muffins to Scotland but alas they'd definitely be a mouldy mess on arrival. Shame we are oceans apart! x

    Jodi.. I have a funny story about my new oven which involves lopsided cakes..should post about it.
    The vege patch is small and temporary as proper raised beds will be activated once landscaping is finished (?). There's a photo on 'Going Organic' Sept archive. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tasted Annie's baking. It's fabulous. My boys love every time she visits as she comes armed with baking. I am sure she is responsible for last week's growth spurt in both my boys. Have a break pet. You deserve it. You just built a whole damn house! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A-M.. thanks sweets and I love feeding growing boys. Even big boys like my son, he visits & I force feed him!
    My ancient beater died so am looking at updating.. look out oven. Oh and I'll need guinea pigs for taste testing x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping you and Mr Red Roses have a lovely time together, whilst moving those mountains.

    We will all be waiting for you when you return.

    Kel x

    p.s. Nice muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kel.. hmm well we are chipping away at those mountains.
    Have only checked in to answer my comments today and this self-imposed down time from the computer to complete other tasks is killing me. I'm missing everyone already..Am I addicted? lol
    See you soon.... x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Home baking and home grown stuff - that's great.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beth.. I find baking relaxing but not so much the cleaning up afterwards! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finding time for everything we love doing is not easy. But you seem to be doing just fine. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you are a very good baker. Now I'm quite hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dani.. thanks D, I'm getting back into baking and loving it. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I wish I could bake like you! Delicious! Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mimi.. You are far too kind, I have my failures trust me! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Annie, is that really you? Ie Anne-Marie? And you bought a laundry hamper! It's only taken you about 3 years. I remember you asking me to look out for one for you. I found you via a link on A-M!

    xxxx

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Paddy.. hello dahling yes it's moi! Didn't naughty Louise mention I took the leap. How the devil are you?
    That's funny re the hamper but I think I was after a waste bin but hey you have the best memory! So happy to hear from you x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love to hear the sound of a whip cracking around the house Annie!
    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Millie.. I'm good with a whip, but only when it comes to getting jobs done around here mind :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello! I have come from A.M's blog hunting for the recipe for jam drops! They looked fantastic, and I thought I would make some as they truly were a favourite from childhood and I had forgotten all about them. Isn't it delightful that all these old fashioned recipes are back in fashion?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Blue Fruit.. Hi there & thanks for popping in. Was sitting here contemplating my next post which will go up soon and now you have given me this request ... Perfect. Please check back and all shall be revealed for yummo jam drops x

    ReplyDelete
  28. No. You are right. It was a waste bin. I have a shocking memory. That's why I carry a notebook. XXXX Lurve the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Paddy.. thanks for the lurve, means the world to me x

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...