Our quickie escape to beautiful Byron Bay was lovely and boy it was restorative inhaling the sea-air and wriggling my toes in the sand. Mr redroses and I grew up on the beaches of Sydney and we feel smothered if we don't visit the beach regularly. Must be in the blood.
An Australian blue sky. Sublime. The white speck is the lighthouse
From this lookout (pic below) we spotted three whales off shore but unfortunately they looked like mere specks in the photos.
I tell you it's a fabulous sight watching these majestic creatures cavort in their natural playground while migrating south.
I also wanted to share a photo of the lighthouse but the morning of departure when I intended to snap away the weather had turned rainy and dismal.
Of course over-eating is normal after long walks along the beach. That is not a poached egg, rather a great big dollop of creme fraiche atop smoked salmon on spinach and ricotta cakes. Oooh this brunch was rather rich and yummy and delish.
An Indian dinner was gobbled at a quirky place where all the staff were of different nationalities (except Indian) which is quite the norm in the backpacker haven of Byron Bay, young travellers from all over the world converge to spend time soaking up the joys of Aussie beach culture and working in the pubs and restaurants to finance further travel.
So by the end of our quick stay my belly resembled the rotundness of this Buddha statue in the foyer of our accommodation. After a few wines I'm sure I was giggly like this chappy too!
But that's allowed when one is celebrating their 29th Wedding Anniversary.
I know. A long time. Like Forever :)
So I'm thinking next year being the 30th and all, well, New York sounds nice!
Sounds a rather good idea don't you agree?
Annie xx






Definitely New York! I have Paris in mind for our 10th Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHi Annie,
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!!!! 29 years Wow, that is fantastic. Love your photos from Byron Bay. It is a spectacular part of our country.
Kel x
Congratulations, 29 years is a very good effort these days. Your photos were stunning, can't wait for the New York ones next year;)
ReplyDelete29 years! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteByron is such a lovely part of the country, I don't get there nearly often enough!
Letitia.. Paris would be perfect for a romantic 10th Anniversary. Thanks for popping in and commenting x
ReplyDeleteKel.. thanks for your wishes, yes 29yrs..wow K x
Deb.. I told hubs we must visit NY cause you're waiting for the pics! x
Kathryn.. until I get to NY I'm going to be salivating over your adventures x
Happy 29th Anniversary wishes Annie, from the red bird in Canada.
ReplyDeleteByron is a magic place - I so enjoyed your photos and the memories it brings back of lovely holidays there with the lighthouse on the skyline. Bliss.
Patricia.. have you seen the elusive red cardinal? Hope it's not too cold over there. Thanks for your wishes x
ReplyDeleteThe Byron Bay Beach looks very refreshing with the wind and the surf. My BFF's daughter has just returned from a 2 year stint living there, she worked in a coffee shop!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the anniversary. It's wonderful that you are planning something spectacular for the 30th.
We did San Francisco...New York sounds exciting!
Happy anniversary! Your pictures are gorgeous - the beaches look so nice. And that food looks so yummy!
ReplyDeleteHostess.. Thanks L, we did San Fran as part of our honeymoon trip, isn't it a fab city. Hope your pal's daughter enjoyed Aus x
ReplyDeleteMorgan.. hi there, you know it's very late down here(way past my bedtime)but I love receiving these northern hemisphere comments as you girls start your day! Yes our beaches are pretty special x
ReplyDeleteOooh your beach looks wonderful - enjoy your days in the sun! How wonderful to see wales :)
ReplyDeleteI am all for the NYC trip for your next anniversary! I'm going there in 3.5 weeks - can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos. Hubs and I want to visit Australia one day!
how beautiful! it turned so cold in NYC today....beach pics are a great mood booster.
ReplyDeleteMrs E.. I've been fortunate to spot whales on many occasions and it's always thrilling x
ReplyDeleteLR.. NY..3 weeks to go, how exciting. I'm sure you would love our beaches x
Rebecca.. hi & thanks for commenting. I guess New Yorkers will be digging out their warm woolly clothes soon x
New York sounds lovely but I do love everything about Byron Bay and one of my favourite country towns is Bangalow. Mimi xx
ReplyDeleteMimi.. totally agree, Bangalow is special x
ReplyDeleteCentral Park in the Fall. Perhaps a visit to New England as well?
ReplyDeletePaddy.. Helloooo I'm there! New York plus New England and we will be in seventh heaven. x
ReplyDelete