Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fathers Day


Father's Day was celebrated today in Australia. This year it was just Mr red roses, our son and myself, our daughter is overseas. The emphasis was on super casual for lunch so I threw a cloth on the outside table, threw smoked salmon, chicken, Brie cheese and fresh bread on a platter and we then proceeded to wash it all down with cold beer and chilled white wine.
The beloved grandfathers are now in heaven so we raised a glass to them then sat on our deck and listened to birdsong and gazed up into the treetops.

Chocolate dipped strawberries and coffee finished off our fare and now I am dashing off this post before I collapse on the sofa from overindulging in good food and maybe one too many glasses of good wine.





And here is a thought for a wee giggle...hmm yes haven't most women encountered this!

Annie xx

image.jpeg

8 comments:

  1. Lovely spread - what you "threw together" would take me 2 days of planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choosing several foods which are family favourites makes it super simple Sulky.

      Delete
  2. That all looks so tasty and gorgeous! It's making me hungry at this early hour, those strawberries are amazing... Mx (love strawberries and wine/champagne together!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a perfect Father's Day lunch!

    I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to comment on your blog!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you and your family had a wonderful, low-key Father's day. :) The food all looks delicious! Especially those strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful afternoon Annie! Your food choices look delicious. I love chocolate dipped berries!

    xx
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fab day in the trees.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Annie! I love your photos and chatting with you on Instagram, so I thought I'd come stalk your blog too :)) Looks like you had a lovely father's day celebration last weekend.
    Have a great day!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...