Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hair Essentials


When travelling there are hair essentials that must be part of my kit. Tonight a quick check was in order to ensure I'm stocked up for final packing before we up, up and away to China.
The last two years I've been painstakingly growing my hair so I can stick it up in a ponytail or shove a clasp in an up do on those bad hair days.



I do not leave home without Argan oil, dry shampoo to get another day out of the blow dry and a bit of bling in the way of pretty clips.







Of course a leopard print hair band is an essential.



Would you believe I've had this comb (called an Afro comb back in the day) from when I started hairdressing   back in the seventies. Certainly got my moneys worth out of that purchase!
It's a major essential to drive through the bleached bits of my mane after shampooing.



So there you have it, the Red Roses and Crystal essential hair bits and bobs.
I'm not high maintenance.
Am I?

Annie xx

9 comments:

  1. Not high maintenance just a typical female!My husband is confused as to why I need four conditioners when one would do the trick! What do men know!!!
    x
    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use an afro comb!
    I didn't realize that you were in hairdressing...must make it easier putting one's hair in an up do when you have experience in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissah.. Exactly! I suppose men are lulled into the less is more theory if they sport a very short crop and don't need the bells & whistles products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hostess.. Actually I get lazy with my hair which is naughty of me I suppose. I tend to just twist and shove a clasp or hair slide in and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hostess.. I should add the hairdressing career was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a foot stamping moment yesterday at the hairdresser and finally decided I'd had enough of regrowth and went back to something resembling my natural colour. I'm big on the twist and shove in a big clip too. Usually because the back of my hair is still wet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to get started on all my hair products, haha! My hair is really long so it takes a lot of shampoo and conditioner. =) I like to do the ponytail thing at least once a week. Gets it out of my face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, 70s hairdo memories...I had long hair then, and nice girls like you spent hours in the salon teasing and shaping it into giant curls and spectacular do's for the formal balls I went to nearly every week during the season. Wish I had the discipline to grow it again, but have become a lazy Short and Spiky girl these days. Love the leopard print handband, and the lime afro comb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathryn.. regrowth is the bane of we unnatural blondes. I've had many foot stomping moments as well. Enjoy the natural you.

    Morgan.. from what I can make out from your blog your hair looks beautiful and healthy Morgan.

    Patricia.. I well remember being gassed from lacquer fumes when I first started my apprenticeship. Remember the pump thingys that were used before lacquer came in a spray can?

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...