Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Travel Preparations


Introducing my suitcase.
I hauled it down today to start throwing a few items in so I don't feel tempted to wear them before we depart on our latest adventure. The week before we travel I rush around like a woman possessed washing and ironing so I have plenty of options when I pack the day before departure.
Anyway, my suitcase is my pal. Bought only two years ago but it's survived a good few kilometres in those years and has the battle scars to prove it. The day she curls up her roller wheels I will rush out and buy an identical style. See the extendable zips..never commence the trip with the suitcase full or you're in big trouble girls ie. no space for carting home some shopping. Plus it's far less stressful to pack light.




This wool coat is fab because it's lightweight, toasty warm and portable. Probably the best all round coat I had the good sense to buy. The first leg of our trip will be in a major city with coolish temps while the last stretch will be spent in another major city with warmer temps. Yep one of those shebangs requiring flexible options and ever so frustrating to pack for. Layering will be the focus no doubt.

Along with washing everything that stands still I need to alter some trousers for Mr redroses and of course they've been staring at me for weeks but now there is a sense of urgency to haul out my mother's old Singer sewing machine and get those babies hemmed and pressed.





                                
This old girl has outlasted two newer sewing machines. They don't make em like they used to!



                                     
 Hmmm do you think the boarding kennel will tuck her in like this each night? I swear she put her own head on the cushion.


All this activity tires out my darling pooch and she will be less than impressed once she spies the suitcase.
How do animals sense they are not invited on their masters travels?

Annie xx

7 comments:

  1. I have a grey coat similar to yours that I bought over 10 years ago and it still looks good today.
    Your little dog is adorable, I find leaving the dog behind the most difficult thing to do, just breaks my heart.
    Happy packing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that gray coat! So pretty! And that little doggie is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SG.. oh tell me about it! Leaving the dog behind is heart-wrenching and I feel so bad although she probably has the time of her life playing with the other 'boarders'.

    Morgan.. how crazy, we just now commented on each others blogs at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sewing machine and your dog is so cute. Mimi xx My husband just walked in and said is this Max (our dog) Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi.. how wonderful that you also own a little fluffball who curls up on the sofa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know which I love best - the cute doggie or the old Singer. I so wish I still had one of them, they last Forever. Aren't expandable suitcases great? How did we manage without them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia.. I truly don't know how I survived before zippers made an appearance on luggage!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...