Monday, June 25, 2012

Kitchen Love






Gosh it's been a week since my last post..time does fly.
To kick off this gloomy winter Monday in my neck of the woods I'm sharing photos of my kitchen. Those of you who've been following this blog since the early days (a year this August!) will know my family commenced a major renovation on our little piece of paradise set in the trees. A few of my blog friends have suggested I show more of my home and so here we are, the kitchen was a major exercise and I think it deserves to make an appearance on this little blog.
I was intending to share before pics then realised they're stored on the desktop and if I shut down the laptop to start again etc etc this post will never get up darlinks, so you will just have to use your imaginations.
So imagine an original 1990 kitchen in varying shades of blue with a servery bench top the size of a airport runway. We totally gutted the space in February 2011. The result is a design which Mr red roses and I conjured up. We'd renovated the kitchen in our last house using white cupboards and black bench tops and found that aesthetic suited us brilliantly so it was a no brainer to run with that scheme again. I can't see myself ever getting tired of black and white contrast. Clean, clutter free surfaces in my kitchen make my heart sing..
All in all I am beyond happy with the design and functionality. I hope you enjoy taking a wander through these photos I took on the iPhone soon after we moved in after the renovations.

I am very proud of my house because Mr red roses and I toiled extremely hard and extraordinary effort was poured into transforming this house.
You've surely heard the saying..'Blood Sweat and Tears', well it applied to us!


























Entertaining is figuring in our lives once more since the dust has settled (figuratively speaking).
There's still a laundry to build and exciting plans for the outside entertaining area. All the fun and joy of major works (fingers crossed) are to commence in the not too distant future and the testament to our optimism is the cement mixer has been uncovered and hauled out to be press ganged into earning it's keep once again.





Wishing you happy tidings this week and stay safe.

Annie xx

17 comments:

  1. Oh I so love that space you and the Mr have designed...
    well thought out and so workable.

    From what you have shown us since you started blogging I think your home is one of the nicest I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice kitchen! I love the black benchtops and the white. You are braver than us, we have built from scratch and whilst I would like to do it all over again, that is built, or even renovate, N is not keen..... :-(

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely photos...you should be very proud of the work!! I just found your blog and became a follower (: Can't wait to come back for more posts! Hope you have a lovely week!!

    Michele
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning kitchen, I love it! The black and white are so timeless and elegant, and I can imagine how well it works with your beautiful living room. You are a great pair of renovators! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful kitchen you have! I love the black and white and your floor is stunning as well. It may have been hard work, but it was surely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Annie, what a kitchen. The space and the amount of benchtops. You are a lucky girl. Love the new look blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, sure is kitchen love! I just adore the ceilings in your place, it gives your home such character.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Annie this is beautiful - I really think you should be a designer! I love how calm this feels, and the island with a few open shelves and the stools is genius - stops it looking too clinical, but is still very smart! How peaceful and calming it must be just to walk in here - it would be lovely to stay for a meal. Its true after something like this you need to put the cement mixer away and just enjoy living in your lovely home for a bit, recharge the emotional batteries before you start again. I can't wait to see what you do next! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic renos Annie - I love black and white together anything and the kitchen has a simple clean aesthetic I just love! Way to go! I agree with Mrs. E - take some time to enjoy it before undertaking the next project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies, these comments warm my heart. I'm pleased the photos do this space justice because all who view my kitchen in real life like it too. Of course these days a few bits and bobs live on the bench but overall the aesthetic is clean and minimalistic.

    Michele..Welcome and thanks for joining us at RRC.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Annie,

    Thanks for sharing you lovely kitchen pics with us all.
    I bet you love all that storage??? I sure would!
    I am looking forward to your next room reveal.
    Have a great week.
    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful Annie! Can't wait for you to share more.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stunning. As an NYC apartment-dweller, I'll need to win the lottery to have anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all so immaculate, I constantly whine and pine for a spanky all mod cons kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Annie ! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog ; my post about food must have been difficult to stomach after dinner ! I love your kitchen, it's beautiful, just like the rest of your house we've already seen. Have you changed the lay-out of your blog or is it me ? Anyway, if I've never sayed it before, it's very nice !xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Annie

    What a dream space. Kitchens should all be this fabulous.

    Kind Regards Shell - A Darlings nest

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...