My darling son has celebrated his 25th birthday.
Birthdays are a big deal in my family and cake plays an important role in the celebrations.
Cake is Mandatory.
Complete with candles until one reaches the age when the amount of candles run the risk of burning down the house.
I rehearsed in my mind the post I would dedicate to my boy but truly no words can convey my love for my son. And my daughter.
Why is the number 25 a big deal to me. I can't answer this, it just is.
I love them both more than I could ever convey here.
More than life itself.
Mum xx
you are an amazing mum x
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your son. I hope noone lost any hair in the heat of those flames!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo, what a great cake, and Happy 25th Birthday to your son. They grow so fast, and 25 is a milestone. Lovely tribute to your children. xx
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your son! I can't risk candles any more, the fire brigade would have to be on standby!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your darling boy. You should be so proud of your beautiful children Annie. You've set them on their way. I can learn a lot about mothering from you.... so keep your phone close by.... as I haven't done the hard yards yet! A-M xx
ReplyDeleteWow Annie, I feel the same about my angel daughter who will be 21 this autumn. She is so gorgeous, and thoughtful, and clever, and kind an I can't believe she is mine! 25 jolly well is a milestone birthday, and I'm not surprised you feel emotional about your lovely children - and all those candles! In coming years, to misquote Jaws 'you're gonna need a bigger cake!'xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for your beautiful comments. Yes it's a milestone alright, gee the years fly by.
ReplyDeleteI think 25 will need to be the cut off age as far as candles go! xx
Wow Annie, Happy Birthday to your lovely son! Congratulations to tou too! Cake is always necessary for us too, we make egg and nut free cakes as eldest has severe egg and nut allergy. Mx
ReplyDeleteHope your son had a wonderful birthday. Maybe the 25th is an age that represents to you that they are truly grown up. I'm sure they love their Mum just as much:)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your son passing his 25th birthday. I agree with you Annie, our children's birthdays are precious.. they were and are important days for us.
ReplyDeleteI have 4 children. I never forget their birthdays.
I have been very busy in my garden and around. Its wonderful weather here.
Hope your week was a good one.
best wishes to you all
val
Congratulations to your son ... and to you ! A relationship that lasts a quarter of a century is always to be cherished !xx
ReplyDelete