Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday Wanderings



Today I have chosen several photos snapped on our sailing trip last week around the Whitsunday Islands.
Luckily we experienced glorious weather and fairly calm conditions. 
I hope you enjoy these images. 








 Bat fish


 Whitehaven Beach








Three wild goats out for a midday stroll


 Just hanging around





 Hamilton Island 


 Mode of transport is golf buggies. Cute


 We moored at Hamilton mariner for a night 




All very tropical and lovely and special don't you agree?

I am blessed to live in a beautiful part of the world.

Annie xx

18 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, fantastic photos of a fantastic trip. Yes, certainly is a beautiful part of the world. So you discovered Robinson Crusoe's island, with the goats still there???
    I was a bit worried about the bat fish at first - remembered Steve Irwin and I was yelling "pull your feet back - it's a stingray!!"
    (I know, I need to get out more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to know just how many goats live on Hook Island?
      At first glance I guess bat fish do resemble a sting ray Patricia. They are extremely trusting fish!

      Delete
  2. Sounds and looks like an idyllic trip. Wonderful photos - I'd never even heard of Bat Fish before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sulky. I'd not heard of Bat fish before my first trip to the Islands either, they're rather cute.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, certainly very special and you are blessed. I'm sitting here with the rain battering against the window (again) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy, sorry to hear you are experiencing less than pleasant weather!

      Delete
  4. Annie, please can I come and live with you? I don't eat much and I'm really good at cleaning. It's all so beautiful, I am in the wrong hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Tabs, we could do with a Scot in our midst! Yuk..cleaning, that's on my to do list today.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Stunning pics, looked like you had a wonderful, relaxing holiday! L xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did thanks L. Have hit post holiday reality with a thud this week though!

      Delete
  6. Glorious, just glorious! Your photos are magical, pet. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A-Me, I'm having the time of my life snapping photos.

      Delete
  7. Your pics are wonderful.....you are so lucky to live where you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous - that it one of my dreams, I love sailing but ended up with a husband who gets seasick! The irony of it. Looks like a wonderful trip with good weather. Love the photos.

    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melissah, I never go sailing without Kwells (seasick tablets) and pop one before we get under way if the forecast predicts choppy conditions. Seasickness is the pits.
    I hope you get to experience your dream one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos and, I'm sure, a trip to remember !

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...