At first glance you can be forgiven for not noticing these two visitors in the tree, snoozing the day away.
Standing on our deck and happened to look up and notice these two doing a rather good job of camouflaging themselves.
So serene and beautiful with not a care in the world.
A mother Tawny Frogmouth owl and her offspring basking in the autumn sunshine.
Can you see them?
Mother nature at her best.
Annie xx
So cute - this is in your garden? Amazing! They look so happy dozing in the sun! Are they noisy at night? There are barn owls living near our house in France, and they make SUCH a racket after dark! xxx
ReplyDeleteYes the tree's in our garden close to the house. No they aren't at all noisy Mrs E which is a blessing.
DeleteHow wonderful they choose your property. That says a lot about your kind character Annie.
ReplyDeleteThey are so precious and vulnerable too. Thanks for the joy of seeing them
Helen x
What a nice thing to say Helen, thank you. Our property is home to abundant native birds for which we're grateful.
DeleteSo sweet, took me a while to see them but aaaawww! x
ReplyDeleteOh I know Suzy, one needs to really focus. Amazing isn't it!
DeleteBeautiful creatures. You are so lucky to have such sights in your back garden. x
ReplyDeleteI am always grateful Beth.
DeleteExtraordinary, you must have been shocked when you actually saw them ! I went on Google to look at their faces, they are quite different from the other flat-faced owls. Also, I think the whole of Northern Europe envies your beautiful blue sky !xx
ReplyDeleteOur blue skies are incredibly bright Silver Bunny, almost blinding sometimes.
DeleteOh what lovely visitors to your garden.
ReplyDeleteOwls fascinate me.
They fascinate me too Hostess.
DeleteMe again, Annie ! Please pop over to my blog, where I have presented you with an award ! xxx
ReplyDeleteOoohhh how exciting, popping over now!
DeleteWhat a lovely surprise to have these in your garden, Annie. At first glance, I thought they were koalas (silly me), but was charmed to see these tawny frogmouths, which are pretty rare in the city too! Beautifully photographed as always, and don't you love the brilliant blue skies we have had lately? xx
ReplyDeleteYou know Patricia I should ask the neighbours if anyone has spotted a koala in the past as we've only been here one year. I agree, our blue skies are positively brilliant.
DeleteMy favourite. They are so gentle. We have lots visiting. They are very unusual don't you think?? G.x
ReplyDeleteHi G, I do think they're unusual and real characters. Glad they visit your neck of the woods too.
Deleteawww I love owls. Fab they're in your garden - enjoy! I found some strange poo on my back patio and posted a pic on fb, to find out what animal it was from. A friend said it was actually owl vomit! Spotted them out there a couple of night later xx
ReplyDelete