Would you like to be transported to this beautiful location?
Langford Island is situated opposite Hayman Island in the Whitsundays North Queensland.
One glorious day during a sailing trip around the Whitsundays a couple of years ago, the members of our sailing crew went for a leisurely amble along this beach and a refreshing dip in the ocean.
Mr red roses and I are packing our bags to venture north to take to the seas and sail around the islands once again. Sea air, salt water and the wind in my hair is the purest tonic.
Packing for a sailing trip is dead easy. Shorts, T-shirts, hat, togs, beach towel, a book and not much else. No make-up or hair dryer for a week and truly bad hair is normal.
Bliss.
If I could live blog from the boat I would but power supply is precious and internet connection less than reliable so I shall share photos upon my return.
You may have noticed on my sidebar the new addition of Instagram photos. Sharing photos on Twitter is a pleasurable pastime of mine and today my son helped me add this feature to the blog. I hope you enjoy my snaps of life displayed over there. He also updated other technology gizmos for me and so tonight as I write this post my brain is spinning and is suffering overload!
This time last year if you had told me I would be writing a blog, tweeting and even using an iPhone I would have shouted 'No way Jose'! But there you have it....never too old to learn.
Be good.
Annie xx
We did a similar trip with our children a couple of years ago and we all agree, even compared to our overseas trips it was the best family holiday to date. I love your photos. They bring back lots of lovely memories.G.x
ReplyDeleteFrom the photographs it looks heavenly - alas I don't have sea legs, but your plans sound really relaxing. have a great time!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteLove the sandy beaches great for some leisurely beach combing.
I'll look forward to your snaps when you return.
Dear Annie,
ReplyDeleteGreat wedensday wonderings. A sailor girl! A girl after my own heart.
There is nothing like the wind in your hair and the taste of salt on your lips and sails full and on a good tack.. its awsome.
Great photos.
Fantastic that you are now keeping up with the new technology. We can do so much these days.
super post.
thanks for sharing
xx val
Have a wonderful, wonderful trip. Forget the world and sail away! A-M xx
ReplyDeleteLucky you! It all looks glorious. Hope you have a fabulous time.
ReplyDeletex
Ah, such beautiful photos, and such memories they bring back. The Cardinals honeymooned in that area, way back in the olden days! Have a fantastic, wonderful trip - it will be perfect!
ReplyDeletexx Patricia
Love the view from the boat, great photos Annie - enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies for your kind wishes, truly it's much appreciated!
ReplyDeleteHopefully the weather will be extra nice xx
Annie your photos are beautiful and I hope you have a lovely trip. I am looking forward to seeing more when you get back. xx
ReplyDeleteHi Nellie and welcome.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your lovely comment!
Oh my!!!
ReplyDeleteYou lucky girl!
Have an amazing trip <3
B
Thanks B! I certainly will enjoy myself.
DeleteHi Annie,
ReplyDeletejust popped over to see your wed wonderings.. you are probably still away.
send best wishes
stay well
val
Just Wow! Can't say any more. x
ReplyDeleteYes Annie,
ReplyDeleteLife is wonderful, embrace every part of item even the scary technology part it will open many doors.
Thank you for your heart felt blog and have a great break,
Warm wishes,
Daryl
Val, Suzy and Daryl
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely comments :)