Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lazy Day. Front Entrance. Thanks.


A lazy Sunday and I'm just kicking around, enjoying my surroundings on this glorious afternoon.
Yesterday I cleaned and spruced the house and I don't know about you but an orderly home does leave a positive effect on me.

I believe the front entry to one's castle can never be underestimated. 
I do love to open my front door and step inside.
Welcome Home. Relax. My family is safe.

For sure it is no secret I love my home. 













May I take this opportunity to say a big thank you to the wonderful readers/commenters of RR&C.
I could not possibly have asked for a nicer bunch.
You are the reason I blog.

Annie xxxx

20 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I so agree with you here. Stepping in to your home should feel exactly like you say - welcoming, relaxing and safe. I'm just catching up with some blog reading and I loved reading the 7 things about you.
    I've also been on a bit of clear out/tidy up weekend. My troops have gone camping so I have the place to myself and guess what I went and bought to inspire a wardrobe tidy? Those coat hangers - aren't they great for those tops that just won't stay on hangers? Great minds...although I was a little more conservative and got the black ones!
    Have a good week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to potter in an empty house.
      The black is nice Beth, you won't be sorry.
      I bought the pink for a change as I already have black, grey, beige. There's also bright purple! Am I obsessed?

      Delete
  2. We've been on a bit of a tidy up inside, while doing a mow and weed outside today. My house looks fab and I have also been walking around admiring it. There is no greater pleasure than your home and enjoying the fruits of your labour.
    Enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great feeling isn't it SG. Love a good tidy up.
      The sound of a lawnmower is music to my ears.

      Delete
  3. Oooh love the roses vase - didn't spot that when I visited! Your home is impeccable!! I also loved reading the 7 Random Thingamys post!

    L
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet Lotus, I wish the impeccable-ness stayed intact constantly!
      Glad you enjoyed my 7 Thingamys.

      Delete
  4. Oh Annie, you entrance just oozes serenity! I'm calmer, just from looking at it. And that birdy has me smitten! J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cheap as chips birdy was bought from a homewares store Jane. It is cast iron and weighs a ton! Soon as I saw her she was coming home with moi.

      Delete
  5. I love that vase with the roses... so pretty. Thanks for sharing your front entrance with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure Dani. Everyone who sees my vase wants to steal it from me!

      Delete
  6. Your home decor looks serene and very soothing...
    no wonder you feel so safe and rested at home.
    I'd love to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well come on down Hostess, you are more than welcome.
      A serene influence has been my goal for this home.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful entrance! There's nothing like walking in your own front door.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have hit the nail on the head TDM. As much as we love to travel there is still no place like one's own castle.

      Delete
  8. Annie: There's No Place Like Home! Especially one as beautiful as yours. Like the other ladies I am loving your rose vase and adorable bird - just perfect in your perfect entry. Thank you for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks Patricia. The rose vase is incredibly heavy (like the birdy). I actually bought the vase to place on a glass side table..What was I thinking! It would have cracked the glass so I placed it in the entry and it's perfect.

      Delete
  9. Your home is gorgeous - I'm not surprised you love it! I adore that feeling when everything is in its place and clean and tidy! You have such great taste and I love the things you chose! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta muchly Mrs E. You will no doubt be relishing the clean/tidy feeling at the mo with your home on the market. Truly it is a full time job keeping a home spotless.

      Delete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...