Rome 2008
The first floor windows above the gelato shop was our apartment in Rome for one glorious week. This apartment just happened to be situated around the corner from the Pantheon. Look closely and you can just glimpse the Pantheon to the right through the lane way.
Most nights we enjoyed gelato after spending far too long choosing a flavour and a few doors up is a pizza establishment selling the best pizza I have ever tasted. As one would expect in Italy!
The corner cafe served rich Italian coffee, consumed standing at the counter and because I don't drink coffee I sipped hot chocolate and oh my goodness talk about rich and absolutely divine.
This was my family's first visit to beautiful Rome and it would be fair to say we fell absolutely, positively in love with this magnificent city and her people.
Annie xx
What a fab post - I LOVE everything about Italy. What a great place to stay in Rome and what wonderful food memories too! Agree its v. hard to choose an icecream flavour when you want them all :) I can't wait to go there again! xxx
ReplyDeleteLikewise Mrs E we are determined to return one day and taste all the gelato flavours. Isn't Rome just fabulous!
DeleteHow great is it to be able to go back and look at old photos and re cap on holidays.
ReplyDeleteRome is a fascinating city. My eldest niece lived there for many years and I visited her there.
I ate the biggest bestest pizza there ever.. i couldnt finish it.
Thanks for sharing Annie..
Where is your next trip!!
have a good wednesday
xx val
Staying with your niece must have been great Val because you most likely experienced things normal tourists wouldn't get to do.
DeleteWe have a couple of trips within Australia coming up but no definite plans at the moment for an overseas destination.
I thought that looked familiar, I flipping love Rome it was love at first sight for me and that city.
ReplyDeleteTabs I like this expression 'flipping' and it sums up perfectly how I felt about Rome. Actually I was surprised how much I did fall in love with this city.
ReplyDeleteOh I would love to go back to Rome, I was only 15 when I went there. Italy is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt would be interesting for you to revisit now as an adult. What a great opportunity to travel overseas at 15.
DeleteA lovely and clever photo Annie - just a peek of the Pantheon. I have never been to Italy but it is top of my wish list these days, along with Florence, Venice, Pompeii, etc. We have cancelled Canada this May and the little family are coming to visit us here in August - exciting! Which means I can dream of something foreign en route to Canada next year :)
ReplyDeleteOur family do that gelato decision thing too - and right here at home at the Valley or the Barracks!
That is exciting news about the family flying over in August. The few extra months wait to see petite garçon will go quickly.
DeleteWhy have I not tried gelato at the Barracks? Must rectify this pronto, thanks for the tip Patricia.