If you have followed this blog from the beginning you already know I hold a soft spot for Eva Gabor.
Truly I just love her to bits,
and I adore the character she plays in the series Green Acres.
Occasionally I catch repeats on television and although the show is terribly corny I still enjoy watching, purely to drool over Eva's/Lisa's fashionable wardrobe. Come to think of it, her character and I have several things in common.
First thing I do every morning is walk out onto my veranda and embrace the pure loveliness of my home amongst the trees and birds. Mind you in this shot Lisa is embracing a view of the New York city skyline but just work with me here please people.
I swan around in a similar bathrobe complete with full makeup, diamond earrings and impeccable hair. Doesn't everyone?
Lisa and I enjoy shopping excursions
Lisa and Oliver bought a decrepit old farmhouse and so did Mr red roses and I once upon a time.
Although we progressed further with our renovations than they managed over the life of the TV series.
Lisa and I share a fondness for leopard print. While leopard print furniture is her thing, I'm partial to leopard print scarves and cardigans.
Lisa adores children and is
At least once.
Is there a TV character you like to imagine you identify with?
Annie/Eva/Lisa xx
Annie/Eva/Lisa xx
I love those striped hat boxes!
ReplyDeleteHmmn a character? Well, I'm a bit feisty like Joan from Mad Men and Mary from Downton Abbey. I tend to identify with those two the most! ahhhh
Me too, I want those hat boxes.
DeleteNext time I watch Mad Men & Downton I'll think of you LR!
Joan Rivers! But as MOTH's always suggesting I get on my broomstick & fly off, it probably should be Endora from Bewitched.
ReplyDeleteMillie xx
P.S. We have a retailer here in the village who's Mr. Haney's doppelganger!
Joan Rivers and Endora! Wow you must be sassy..good for you. Do you wonder if anyone has mentioned the likeness to the village shopkeeper?
DeleteAha, another Early Morning Verandah Lover - I can't start the day without it myself! Need that deep breath of fresh oxygen among the trees ... then I have to feed the birds who are sitting up there patiently waiting :)
ReplyDeleteI've been amusing myself all day imagining myself as a TV character - there was my Roseann phase, and I loved the ditzy architect mother in Family Ties, but most of all I wanted to be Mary Tyler Moore as the spunky Chicago girl with the beret! Yes, that's the one for me!
PS you are right, there is NOONE as glamourous as Eva Gabor!
Mary Tyler Moore was fantastic in that role and I also liked the friend, was her name Rhoda? Thanks for reminding me about this show Patricia. Come wintertime I hope you will be wearing a spunky beret?
ReplyDelete