Friday, March 9, 2012

My Favourite Room


My favourite room in the house. 

My family lovingly refer to this space as Mum's room and I am just a little possessive of it.
I can't describe the peaceful serenity which pours over me upon entering and every morning I look forward to opening the shutters and embracing the light.
I may have mentioned elsewhere in a previous post how the vaulted ceiling sold me this house. Mind you we have renovated and redecorated so the now is somewhat different to the before.
Yes this room sends shivers down my spine.
Love it to bits.

Do you have a room in your home that speaks to you like my room speaks to me?












A sentimental piece



Shells collected over the years









Every sofa needs an accompanying beautiful basket to hold throws to grab for a chilly evening.

The very talented A-M sourced this beauty for my room. That girl has a gift I tell you.




A sweet little candle and holder from Du Monde




Wishing you all a lovely weekend. The sun is shining here and it's shaping up to be a glorious day.

Annie xx

25 comments:

  1. Oh the morning sun in that room is just heavenly. You know that feeling you get when you walk into that room, I get it too! I'm so lucky I can visit. Your whole home in the trees is heaven to me. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you love it too A-Me. Perfect for sitting and contemplating isn't it!

      Delete
  2. Your room is just beautiful and I can understand why you love it so.

    Our living room faces south and the morning sun is so welcomed by us - we get shafts of light

    Have lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine and light are my oxygen Helen. Too great an absence from either and I shrivel.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty room! Love the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful room! Easy to see why you love it so much.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, What a perfect room to call your own,
    although I did spy a little pooch curled up on the nice white lounge!
    Yet your room is still all lovely and white, neat and clean.
    There would be no room at all for the three grubby little boys and three grubby little puppies, that reside in my house!
    I want a Mum's Room too!!! Not sure how I'd keep my clan out, perhaps a paddock and chains! lol
    Have a great day.
    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have this room now because my two grubby kids are grown and our lap dog is cleaner than our previous farm dog. Our children joke that when I'm a nana I'll have to barricade this room off!
      Live in hope Jode!

      Delete
  6. What an exquisite and elegant room, Annie - just like you, I am sure. I would be very possessive of it too - the ceiling is amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind Patricia, I'm feeling less than exquisite at the moment rather hot & bothered from housework!

      Delete
  7. Oh, what a totally fabulous room! Really beautiful - it just looks so calming and restful.You're a lucky gal to have such a stunning hideaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sulky I'm glad you like my room. I really do count my lucky stars that we were blessed to find this sanctuary.

      Delete
  8. One word - STUNNING!
    Did you hear me ooh and ahh....and then the big ahhhh when I came to the sleepy pooch!
    If I got the chill out vibes just from the photos, I can just imagine the feeling you get when you use this room. It's lovely x100.
    I don't have a favourite room, just favourite little nooks and corners. There is a tiny little side deck off my kitchen that you can only access from inside that absolutely sold this house to me. Funny how one thing can hook you in like that. We eat most meals on this deck at an old pine table that came accross the seas with us. If I ever moved I would have to somehow replicate this deck.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy Beth to hear you ooh and ahh over this room.
      I recall seeing a picture of your special deck hideaway, you must have featured it in a post once upon a time? Little nooks and corners are great and I think whatever makes you feel at home is special.

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous, gorgeous room - I would love it too, such a beautiful retreat from the heat and messiness of summer - I feel cool and calm just looking at it. Best of all is to have such a perfect room and a beautifully imperfect dog lying on your sofa - I can see you love things to be just so, but love your family even more :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your last sentence choked me up Mrs E.
      You're right, I like things to be tidy but am nothing if not practical. I have placed white easily laundered covers on the cushions so the dog can use the sofa! One still has to enjoy their home.

      Delete
  10. Stunning! You have done an amazing job decorating that space! L xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a spectacular space and I love the open ceiling and the white slip covered sofas...
    this room could be in Veranda a glossy luxe decorating magazine that I subscribe to and to think you get to live in it! I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled you approve of my favourite room Hostess! I've waited my whole life for this room.

      Delete
  12. That room is just so gorgeous and I could quite happily live in that forever!! My favourite room is my bedroom which has a very similar style and colour scheme and is the room I always feel happiest to walk into. My living room is getting that way aswell. I shall now keep looking at your room as it makes me feel peaceful. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzy, Thank you for visiting. It is so lovely to have a cozy bedroom which leaves one feeling peaceful and happy. So glad you like my favourite room.
      I shall pop over and visit you when I return from holiday. Enjoy your week x

      Delete
  13. Oh Annie! No wonder you cherish this space - I would too! It just oozes serenity and comfort. Perfect. And that little basket A-M found is adorable. J x

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...