Monday, March 26, 2012

7 Random Things about Me



As promised before I flew off last week to visit family I am now answering the 
7 Random Things about Me Me Me!

The adorable Lotus from Red Phoenix Style has decreed this honour upon moi so I shall attempt to keep you interested until the end. Thank you L.
 Then head on over and take a browse at the gorgeous jewellery, fashion and home wares at RPE


1.  Oysters. I detest the little blighters. Always have and always will. No amount of money would coerce me into swallowing one of those slippery suckers ever,ever again during the remainder of my lifetime.

2.  Singing...I am absolutely thoroughly hopeless. The only time you might, if you are unlucky, catch me belting out a tune is in a Japanese karaoke bar after imbibing cheap wine aka rocket fuel.

3.  I am not adverse to a rip roaring party. This appreciation must have started back in the day. My parents entertained regularly so it became the norm to watch Mum concocting all sorts of wonderful retro nibbles. I very much liked being the centre of attention. Some would mutter I was a bit of a Princess.
Cover your ears.




3.  I started learning dance at the age of four and by the time I was ten was attending four classes weekly in ballet, tap and jazz. I was never going to set the world on fire but enjoyed myself immensely until I turned 14 and desperately wished to play sport so I retired and moved into the world of hockey and softball until I finished school. I did return to ballet classes in my thirties for a while and found my grand jetes weren't what they used to be! Funny that.

4.  Skiing became a great passion in my late teens and I would head to the snow fields at every opportunity. Mr red roses and I have skied in New Zealand, America and Canada. This is me circa 1983. Once again there was a goodly portion of partying happening. Hmm...




5.  Coffee makes me violently ill. I know, it's the pits. I begrudge paying $3 for a teabag and cup of hot water in cafes. My favourite ice-cream is mango and macadamia and if there was only one scoop left I'd fight you for it. No joke.

6.  Ladders of any description fill me with dread.

7.  Faux silver Christmas trees still make me smile :-)



Phew..I find it hard to write about Me, which is kind of crazy considering I blog.

Now I would like to pass on the 7 Things task to The Distressed Mother if she so chooses to oblige.
Stay well and I'll catch you on Wednesday when I go wandering!

Annie xx

17 comments:

  1. Look at you, you gorgeous little poppet! How kindred, I love skiing too and did everything I could to get to the ski fields when I was a poverty stricken student. It took me all year working at the fruit shop on weekends during uni to save up for the 'Sno Bus' tour... 24 hours in a bus from Brissie to the snow.... every year. Never again will I get on a bus. I too, smile at silver Christmas trees! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am gathering determination A-Me to tackle the slopes again with the dodgy foot. Hoping if it's well strapped it will behave?

      Delete
  2. Gosh we have a few things in common! Not least of which is what adorable little girls we were! Actually, it's going to be a task for me to come up with seven things. Stay tuned.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, you were such a little cutie. I am not sure about the bonnet arrangement in the last picture though. You would never ever catch me eating an oyster and can you believe I am a kinder teacher with an appalling singing voice. I never ever sing in front of parents unless it is absolutely unavoidable. Mind you give me a bottle of champers and sing star and I am awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the bonnet..what can I say Deb, it was the sixties.
      If you ever come to my place I'll be sure to hire a karaoke machine and have the bubbles chilling.

      Delete
  4. Oh, what a drop dead gorgeous little star by the silver tree :) I can sure imagine you out there a-tapping and dancing. What a fun challenge, finding 7 random items of interest.

    I'll never have another oyster either - last one was about 30 years ago. That Was Enough!
    Skiing must be awesome - I have never done it, but adore the snow. Every snow scene is beautiful in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia, I did enjoy dance and sometimes ponder if I threw in the towel too readily.
      I encounter more folk who despise oysters than enjoy the blighters!

      Delete
  5. I love the cake photo, you are adorable and look at you standing up on the chair prepared to slice into it :-)
    I could never eat a raw oyster not in a million years....
    have a lovely visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes siree up on the chair..centre of attention lol. Visiting my family is always a great joy in my life.

      Delete
  6. What cute things! I love your childhood photos - you were just the most perfect looking child - so pretty! PS I'm sure your jetes are still grand! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are making me blush Mrs E. I was gorgeous as a child, now I'm middle aged and wrinkled!
      I don't wish to burst your bubble but me attempting a jete these days is non-existent.

      Delete
  7. Annie, I loved reading the facts about you. Any tips on where to ski in New Zealand? Fifi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fifi.
      Queenstown in the South Island is my favourite NZ skiing destination (Coronet Peak and the Remarkables ski fields). Also the glorious picture postcard town of Wanaka is accessible from Queenstown (Cardrona and Treble Cone ski fields). Have you ever been to NZ? We love it.
      Have fun!

      Delete
  8. Dear Annie,
    So great to see you back. I do hope that your holiday with family was a good one, i can imagine it was.

    I laughed to myself about the oysters.. you described them so well. I hate them ugg.
    You look so happy in your photos. I too have memories of faux christmas trees, such a sweet smile.
    Cant ski at all. used to ice skate. My daughter Nina lives in switzerland..they are all whizzes at it.
    As for tap..well I am envious. I always wanted to dance like Debbie Reynolds and Ginger rodgers.. I shuffle my feet around to the music sometimes..
    A lovely blog Annie. enjoyed reading about you.
    a talented lady
    have a wonderful tuesday
    hugs
    val x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Val it appears not many like oysters. Good taste on their part I say.
      I think it's lovely you shuffle along to the music Val and I admire anyone who can ice skate...now that's hard work in my opinion!

      Delete
  9. I LOVE that birthday party photo!! It is just Gorgeous and you look so sweet! Great skiing shot too xxxx

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing...
I value and appreciate your comments. Thank you for dropping by...